Vortex 2019 in Antwerp
XVII International Workshop on Vortex Matter in Superconductors
This Workshop continues the tradition of International Workshop on Vortex Matter in Superconductors, which began in 1994. The purpose of the Workshop is to promote international collaboration and exchange of ideas in this fascinating field of science. This time the workshop will be held in Antwerp, Belgium, a vibrant merchant city at the crossroads between main European centers, beautifully combining long history and tradition with progressive and modern aspects of contemporary lifestyle. In that spirit, the topics of the Workshop are expanded to various topological matter and frontier research beyond just superconductivity.
The Workshop will welcome 120 pre-selected participants from all over the world. The scientific program will allow for in-depth discussions but also allow for rich social activities and ample time to enjoy the city of Antwerp.
Specific Workshop topics in vortex physics and superconductivity include:
- Vortex phase diagram
- Vortex dynamics
- Vortex imaging
- Josephson phenomena
- Emergent flux patterns in unconventional superconductors
- Vortices in meso- and nanoscale systems
- Vortex pinning and its applications
- Superconducting devices
- Vortex matter vs. pairing symmetry
- Multi-component superconductivity
- Topological superconductors and hybrids
- 2D and interface superconductivity
- Novel superconducting materials and heterostructures
We look forward to your participation and your contribution to lively and fruitful discussions in the best spirit of the VORTEX tradition.